Saturday, February 27, 2016

lace for less

Self-Portrait is the hot new kid on the fashion block right now -- it is hard to miss the brand's intricate and feminine lace dresses and blouses that are popping up on the red carpet, on blogs, and all over the editorial pages. I have at least a dozen dresses on my running wish list, but at $400-600 a pop they're a bit of a budgetary stretch. I'm hoping to catch one on a good sale or put away a little cash for a splurge, but until then I've been keeping an eye on budget-friendly options. Good news, there are a few!

There are plenty of lace dresses out there, but there are a few key things Self-Portrait's dresses so special: modern, feminine cuts (think midi dresses, gently flared skirts), geometric patterns, sweet accents (ruffles, peter pan collars), and strategic sheerness. Here are my current favorite options:

Anthropologie Narrante Lace Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment