Tuesday, February 16, 2016

the good stuff, vol. 2

Here's what I've been loving this week...



Reading:

In preparation for my move back to New York I've bookmarked this very important article about the best donuts in the city. I'm super devoted to Peter Pan Donuts, but I am willing to do some research.

In honor of the new Van Gogh exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago, airbnb is offering the chance to stay in Van Gogh's bedroom (or, a room decorated in the artist's style). Here's your chance to feel like you're actually living in a painting (bonus, this one is more affordable than the rentals Gwyneth and Bey have been crowing about).

"Shit happens, so power through and then go to In n Out Burger" -- this is why we love Adele (I thought she killed it, by the way).

My best friend always joked that all of the fashion jobs I lusted after paid in lip gloss. This article about magazine and design job salaries proves she wasn't too far off.

Uniqlo collaborations are the best -- they work with great, fashion-forward people and create interesting, affordable pieces. Their new collab with a Muslim designer to create hijabs and headscarves is a whole new level of cool. (The second season of Carine Roitfeld x Uniqlo has some nice pieces, too.)

I'm enjoying watching the Fashion Week coverage from afar (though I do miss being closer to the hustle and bustle), but this article with photos from the 1994 shows is amazing. Such a simple time, when celebs could be out and about without being perfectly coifed and contoured within an inch of their lives.

If you're a pet-lover, you might want to check out how the various presidential candidates stack up on animal rights. There are a few surprises...

Thank you for being a friend...and buying me these amazing figures of my favorite sassy senior citizens.


Watching:

I finally finished Mad Men, and I loved it. I binge watched most of the series last summer but was waiting for the final episodes to hit Netflix and they did, just in time for a long weekend. I cried a bit, I think because I was a bit sad to not have those characters in my life anymore (even though I hated them all, at least once or twice). Now to obsessively read all of the ink spilled over the final episode...

Broad City is back! Looks like things are going well for the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment