Wednesday, March 2, 2016

the good stuff, vol. 4

Some things I'm digging this week, presented for your entertainment...



reading

Another donut bucket list (note to self: good intel for a donut-based cross-country road trip).

I'm still settling into a new job that came with a lot more responsibility, and my daily task list is a little insane -- I thought this article about the morning routines of seven ladies with cool jobs was interesting.

The negative power of our unused stuff -- a good quick read that is as much about knowing yourself as it is about possessions.

I'd never heard of Yolanda Betbeze, a former Miss America who was a bit of a disruptor, until I read this obituary but I think I'd like her.

What's the matter with Prada? An interesting look at the cycle of demand for luxury brands, and how and why they fall out of favor.

Cate Blanchett was my pick for best dressed at the Oscars, and in almost every other situation. I devoured this profile of her stylist Elizabeth Stewart, because the world of celeb styling is weird but fascinating (I want someone to make me a PDF with all of my outfit combos when I travel!).

There are a lot of really stellar makeup tutorials, but you need to see the Instagram account of a woman who uses her hajib to transform herself into your favorite Disney princesses.

A handy chart for letting the stars help guide you to get your drink on.

The origin of Flamin' Hot Cheetos -- quite a charming story!

Goop, Glossier, and how G became the It Letter in the beauty world.

watching

I had to work for most of Sunday afternoon and I was feeling sorry for myself, so I decided to catch up on some mindless TV and watched the first episode of The Fashion Fund, a documentary/reality-style show about the process of choosing the winner of the very cool CFDA Fashion Fund (previous winners include Public School and Alexander Wang). It's like a lighter, but more important, Project Runway.

God bless John Oliver for this piece on Donald Trump, who is awful #makedonalddrumfagain


No comments:

Post a Comment