Wednesday, March 16, 2016

the good stuff, vol. 6

This week's distractions...



reading...

This list of a stylist's go-to sources in a slew of categories (t-shirts, lingerie, nail polish, blazers, and everything in between) is a treasure trove.

The Instagram effect on museums -- is it a good thing? I'm a museum-lover, and I'm dying to see the Wonder exhibit. The thought of snapping a cute selfie definitely crossed my mind...

Love this profile of Isaac Mizrahi and his many fashion lives -- next time I'm in New York, I'm heading straight for The Jewish Museum to see his exhibit and have a little nosh at Russ and Daughters.

Here's an easy makeup tutorial so you can look ex-actly like Karlie Kloss (promise).

Aidy Bryant is an absolute gem, and her apartment is pretty adorable (but also, pretty small -- no doubt about it, real estate in NYC is brutal).

On TV, everyone has the same hairstyle (also on blogs too, right?)

The Most Interesting Man in the World is actually, pretty interesting.

I don't think there are any bad buys at Trader Joe's, but here's a list of some of the very best things to load into you cart on your next trip (for me: popcorn, frozen veggies, avocados, bananas, trail mix/nuts/dried fruit, and whatever assorted snacks look delicious). I had no idea about the sampling rule!

Next time you read an article about millennials being lazy or whiny, think about this youngster who has already accomplished a lifetime's worth of goals (and she's still in high school).

Did you know J. Crew has a blog? It is a bit of an amalgam, but I liked this quick but enjoyable profile of Iris Apfel.

Very happy birthday to the Notorious RBG -- some of the many reasons we love her.

watching...

House of Cards is back, and I'm (sort of?) excited. I decided to check out the first episode of the new season on a lazy Sunday afternoon and was surprised to get sucked down the rabbit hole. At moments it's pretty great, but there are definitely missteps and just way too many characters and storylines for the average person to keep track of (I totally forgot about a major plot point that comes back in a big way this season and had to stop the show and do a few quick Google searches to figure out what the hell was happening).

#bam4ham -- Lin-Manuel Miranda doing a little Rose Garden Freestyle, because I will never not be charmed by either of these two gentlemen.

Under Armour has made some pretty great ads, and this one featuring the US Gymnastics team is definitely trying to motivate me to get back to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment